While some companies say ‘we offer flexibility’, here at IAG, we live flexibility every day. We place great importance on a work life balance and are always open to new ideas on how to make your role work best for you.
From flexible work options and generous superannuation contributions, to several types of leave, a healthy culture of acknowledgment for hard work and great supplier discounts, IAG prides itself on being a great place to work.
By way of example, employees in Australia enjoy the following benefits:
Pay and Short Term Incentives
IAG’s approach to remuneration is about rewarding and recognising your performance. Your total potential reward is made up of your fixed pay (your base salary and superannuation) and your short term incentive (STI).
- Your fixed pay recognises your capability and performance in your role. Your fixed pay is reviewed annually at which time your manager may recommend an adjustment.
- Eligible employees can participate in an STI plan. STIs ensure you are rewarded for your individual and team contribution to the wider success of our business. STIs are the “at risk” component of your total potential reward.
Flexible Work and Leave Options
Flexible work arrangements and leave options that may be available to you include:
- Flexible working - part-time, job share, variable hours and compressed working weeks.
- The chance to buy 6 weeks extra leave for a shorter working year.
- Leave without pay as a career break.
- Mid Service Leave of 1 week annually on your 7th, 8th and 9th anniversary at IAG.
- Long Service Leave of 2 months after 10 years of service.
- Leave to volunteer, study or care for a family member.
Requests depend on your work circumstances and must be discussed with your manager.
Caring for Family
IAG understands the challenge of balancing work and family so we have benefits to support you, including:
- 14 weeks paid primary carer’s leave plus a welcome back payment of an additional 6 week’s pay on your return to work.
- 3 weeks paid secondary carer’s leave.
- Childcare leave and family sick leave.
- A carer’s room in major sites.
IAG’s superannuation rate of 13% is currently above the legislated minimum and is highly competitive compared to other companies. The IAG and NRMA Superannuation Plan is our own fund and benefits include:
- 6 investments options (4 for Retirement Income Stream members)
- Insurance cover including salary continuance, total permanent disablement and death
- Allocated pensions and transition to retirement income streams for members 55 years and over
Eligible IAG employees can salary sacrifice:
- Qantas Club membership
- Virgin Lounge membership
- Motor vehicles*
- Car parking*
- Union fees
Employee share plan
The IAG employee share plan is a tax effective chance to buy IAG shares through salary-sacrificed payments. You contribute $900 to the cost of your shares over a 12-month period and IAG contributes $100.
Recognition and reward
Our excellence awards programs celebrate the outstanding work of individuals and teams. All high performing employees can be nominated, or nominate others, for outstanding contributions that are consistent with IAG’s vision.
Our formal recognition and reward points system acknowledges individuals and teams for the great work that happens every day. E-cards are one way to acknowledge great work; nominating colleagues for reward points, able to be redeemed for a gift of choice through our catalogue, is another.
Our milestone program acknowledges long-standing IAG employees with a certificate and reward points.
IAG’s community programs allow you to give back to your local community via:
- Workplace Giving – an easy and effective way to donate to over 1,500 charities and the IAG Foundation boosting your donations through matching.
- Volunteer leave – IAG provides one day each year for you to volunteer with our community partners.
IAG products and services
Eligible employees can receive a discount of up to 50% on IAG personal insurance products from NRMA, SGIO, SGIC and CGU Insurance. This covers motor, home, CTP and niche products like caravans and travel. All discounts are subject to minimum premiums.
For more information, please contact our Contact Centre on the following numbers:
- NRMA 132 132
- SGIO 133 233
- SGIC 133 233
- RACV 13 72 28
- CGU 13 24 81 (13CGU 1)
- Swann 13 74 33
- WFI 1300 934 934
- Lumley Special Vehicles Insurance team 133 578
- Coles Insurance team 1300 265 374
Eligible employees can also access a 10% discount on home security alarm systems and a 25% discount on back-to-base monitoring services.
Eligible employees are entitled to free roadside assistance from NRMA Roadside Assistance.
Our suppliers offer IAG employees discounts in areas such as technology, health, transport, financial services, travel, leisure, lifestyle and appliances.